The Parish Council has a number of powers that it can exercise if it so wishes. Below are some of the activities Bickleigh Parish Council currently monitors for the benefit of the community:
- A consultee to all planning applications relating to the Parish of Bickleigh, and makes comments as appropriate to the District Council. Recent planning applications can be viewed on the South Hams District Council website.
- Owns and maintains Roborough Green
- Provides and maintains bus shelters in Woolwell and Bickleigh
- Provides and maintains seating and noticeboards in Bickleigh, Roborough and Woolwell
- The Council are landlords of the Woolwell Centre building.
- Individual Parish Councillors have representation on Roborough Recreation Hall Committee and The Woolwell Community Centre.
- Support community groups such as Woolwell in Bloom
- Provide information and reports from District and County Councillors
- Provide local information via through our facebook page.
If you are part of a charitable organisation and looking for funding support our policy and grant application can be viewed here.